Nonetheless...

A little madness, a little kindness, makes for happiness

Sunday, January 30, 2005

SLO-in it down

It was a good idea huh? yay me! Britt and I left work at about 1pm on Friday in hopes of making it to San Luis Obispo by 8pm. jturtle and colin would start their show about that time. It took longer than I originally thought it would. Wouldn't it have been funny if we decided to go to magic mountain instead? And to our surprise and delight, we made it to our hotel around 7:40pm. Check in. wash my face. curl the lashes. put on a clean t-shirt. back out the door and into the star-rolla. Finally at Linnaea's cafe, Jason and Colin were on stage practicing one of only two cover songs of the night, 'Closing Time'. Not only was I happy to be back in SLO, and getting more and more nostalgic by the moment, but I was happy to be supporting Jason, Colin, and local SD music even while out of town. I enjoyed the reactions of the locals who had never heard Jason perform before too. I had almost forgotten how hard I laughed the first times I heard Putty and My Blue Shoe. My favs were the two middle aged couples sitting in the back laughing at the lyrics (but only when appropriate, thankyouverymuch recording ipod dude), and enjoying every song. Although spending then next 4 hours in a house with people "my age", I felt so old. Had a great time though-playing games, taking camera phone pics and attempting to become a smoker again. Didn't quite work. Bummer, I think this is the year my membership card from the smokers association of america may be revoked. The next day brought even more nostalgia and lots of shoes (yay shoes!! Ahhh, Clark would be so proud). The clam chowder, central coast beach, memories, and great company made for a wonderful Saturday. TraderJoes snack stop, Santa Barbara, girl talk, JacksonJams, ahhh...good times.

XO Smile like the annoying tin can sound finally stopped XO

Song o'the day - "My Blue Shoe" .... jturtle

1 Comments:

  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger *britt* said…

    but the tin can noise DIDN'T stop! "It's just that..."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home