Nonetheless...

A little madness, a little kindness, makes for happiness

Saturday, November 06, 2004

Hello? It's me, Shamma...

I kinda feel like a big loser-dork-girl writing a blog on a beautiful sunny SD day like today... but oh well. (It was okay for Clark though since he was at work and had nothing better to do) Check out C-double-A's blog here! Awesome! Peer pressure will getcha every time...

I felt so inspired to write today simply because it's been a fantastic day!! I woke up pretty early for a Saturday (9am) made sure to leave the 1753 Crib without waking anyone (good morning Pat!!) and proceeded to come home and enjoy a little quality kitchen cleaning time with Lana. Ahh...good times. Then I watched the OC again (only because there was nothing better on...i swear!), and ate some pizza. Then I went to *bucks and met Clark downtown for a lunchbreak walk downtown. The crazy people, the sneaker stores, the strange smells...nothing like downtown I tell ya. I then went to get my cell phone fixed (finally). THAT went so much better than expected. When I got there I was informed that there was a 45 minute wait. This may have been frustrating to most people on a sunny Saturday, but not me. They gave me a handy dandy pager and off I went, yet again, to *bucks. Even better, I had my book in the car with me! I couldn't have been happier. Upon returning to the Sprint store I was told that it would take a week to replace my phone and I wouldn't be able to get a blue one. Sad Shamma. However, after a few minutes of bonding with my customer service representative about funny/scary customer service stories, a brand new blue phone was magically discovered in the back office. Wow! Imagine that! So I got a brand new phone for free. Wicked awesome. To thank them, I decided to buy a couple accessories since they work on commission. I asked for a headset and a car charger. Then the sales floor manager came over and said "give her 50% off too". WOW! It must be my lucky day (or I'm just an arguably attractive 22 year old wearing a tight white t-shirt...).

AND my wonderful boyfriend kindly got me the 'Wicker Park' soundtrack yesterday. Listening to the Postal Service sing their rendition of 'Against All Odds' makes my day. Not to mention hearing the DCFC acoustic version of A Movie Script Ending. I highly recommend it. Now I haven't actually seen Wicker Park mainly because, well, it looks like it sucks. But how can a soundtrack so good come from a movie so bad!?? Maybe the movie is great! Now I MUST see it! I have to know the truth!! This leads me to invite you to an open forum type discussion, what truly bad movies can you think of with great soundtracks? Seriously, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter. If you count my musical taste circa 1998, I'd say SoulFood. I loved that soundtrack at the time but didn't dig the movie so much. So what do you think?

I'm off to play with my new headset...check your phone...I might be calling you right now to test it out.

XO Smile like you mean it XO

1 Comments:

  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger *britt* said…

    not exactly on topic, but there was a period of time, circa Little Mermaid through Lion King, when my parents got me all the before i ever saw the movies. Same went for Les Mis. So i didn't really know what was going on in the movie, but i could sing along!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home