Nonetheless...

A little madness, a little kindness, makes for happiness

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Hello?! It was called 'VoteForChange' Tour NOT 'Vote to Stay the #$%@ing SAME' Tour...

Sadly, my very first blog comes the day after the highly anticipated 2004 Presidential Election. I woke up yesterday morning and my first thought was, Bush is going to win. I emailed a few people telling them of my vision and for the first time ever, I'm disgusted by the accuracy of my oh-so-very-Scorpio-like intuitions. As of this morning at 8:40am I was informed that Kerry bowed out like a gentleman, conceding the presidential election to good ol' Dub-ya. It feels like such a personal loss. Maybe it's because I live in California. Or Southern California. Or, more specifically, PacificBeach. The 2004 election is responsible for the most new voters in SanDiego county history, not to mention the most 18-25 year old voters in any US election history. Despite that, and PDiddy's threat to kill me if I don't vote, we were defeated. Anyone who "saw how much red covered the map on CNN last night" will understand why and how we got to where we find ourselves today. These poor middle state people...I don't think they have cable, let alone access to VoteOrDie.com. I guess for me, I feel saddened by this because it seems no matter what we did or how hard we tried, there is no sign of improvement in the near future.

This quote was shared with me by my Republican-Bush-Loving relatives today..."If you're not a Democrat in your 20's there's something wrong with your heart and if you're not a Republican by the time you're 30 there's something wrong with your head." Hmmm, we'll see about that...

With that, I have to say a big HOORAY to hear that Donna Frye still maintains the Sandy Eggo mayoral lead at time of this post. And I am happy with most of the proposition results as well. Ahhh...there is still good left in the world.

My work day has been like this election...a few good things here and there, but the big picture was nothing but a big fat disappointment. Better luck next time. On to 2008...another election...and another leap year.

I leave you with these words of inspiration...

"I hope you leave here and walk out and say, 'What did he say?'" —George W. Bush, Beaverton, Oregon, Aug. 13, 2004

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" - George W. Bush

XO Smile until your face hurts XO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home