Nonetheless...

A little madness, a little kindness, makes for happiness

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Nothing is better than something...strike that, reverse it.

I am so happy to hear all of the opinions flying around this morning and last night regarding the election. While it's true I woke up this morning way more excited about TheOC premier than I was on ElectionDay...I'm still happy to say, I cared about this election and will continue to speak my piece without hesitation or regret. I pride myself on the fact that I can have a political conversation with most people without getting into a personally attacking argument. For the most part. :-) I look forward to seeing my 90% Republican family next week and sharing our stories and feelings on this matter. I know why I voted for JohnKerry. I'm pro choice, pro stem cell research, and pro gay marriage. Plain and simple and not afraid to say it. I know far too many people who deserve the hope of stem cell research and as my grandmother sits waiting for her next round of chemo therapy and my best friends mom awaits her next surgery to remove cancer, it saddens me to think that they are the ones affected by this outcome. I also know too many couples in loving committed relationships (better than most straight relationships I might add...) who deserve the love and happiness that any straight couple deserves. What the world needs now is love, sweet love -- right? I don't think we should deny anyone of that. 50% of marriages end in divorce. Wouldn't that be considered bad for the "family values" that we hear as the excuse for not allowing gay marriage? Why don't we go old-school Ireland style and outlaw divorce too? I heard this morning that the lead singer of DeathCabForCutie broke down in tears during his performance yesterday because he was so upset about the election. He got choked up, stopped singing, and walked off the stage. Just a little bit of entertainment news for ya.

~ Sound of Settling... Death Cab for Cutie ~

I love that everyone has an opinion about this election. Whether I agree or not. I truly enjoy hearing the other POVs on the matter and I'm happy that everyone seems to have some feeling on it. It's better than not caring at all. It was trendy to vote. It mattered to vote. But most importantly, it mattered to get people to open their eyes. Even if only for a moment. And for that I thank the Hollywood-trend-setters for their efforts. Hold on a sec...I dropped my mesh trucker hat...oopps, one of my pink Ugg boots just fell off...

With that..thank god it's Thursday! TheOC is on tonight and I've been brushing up on season one. I almost forgot that the Cooper's had a Golden Retriever named Dustin! What ever happened to him? He and the younger daughter must be busy. Good thing I have the DVDs now. And TiVo. Wow. Thank god for that too. If I haven't told you already, remind me to tell you the neat little flaw Clark and I found while watching Episode #2 -'The Model Home' last night. Good stuff.

~ The Promise ... When In Rome ~

My discovery of the day is that I am an 'active listener'. You know, the kind of person that is constantly saying "uh-huh" and/or nodding their head during conversation. Exactly what is the acceptable amount of participation while listening to someone else speak? I thought I hated active listeners.

XO Smile like the person you voted for won XO

1 Comments:

  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger none said…

    Yes, it's ok to be an active listener. It's however quit another to be over active, see if after every time you say something I nod and smile, there will hit a point where you want to hit me intend of talking. We as people look to be acknowledged, but as people we don't like to be belittled.
    Now for some reason it seems that if you nod and smile all the time it makes the other person feel like maybe their just doing a recap for you and maybe you don't need to be hearing it, thus making it non important. Even tough you were in fact "actively listening."
    Later

     

Post a Comment

<< Home