Nonetheless...

A little madness, a little kindness, makes for happiness

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap


I always promise myself that I'm going to write down or voicemail myself the playlist when I go to jasonmraz shows...and somehow, i always get too caught up in the moment to do so. Add a few beers and i'm really not going to remember. Such was the case on Friday. Probably my favorite show of all time. Mraz or otherwise. It really was like a tailor made night for me. My favorite singer, My favorite man (not the same person, in case you were wondering...), incredible southern california weather and the magnificent San Diego bay. I really couldn't ask for more. Although I don't remember every little moment (entrancement + beer = bad memory for Shamma), a few highlights were when he first asked for requests as the sun was setting. I chimed in (okay...yelled...) "Bella Luna". I felt it was only fitting as the moon was getting brighter. Mr. Mraz then asked, where the moon was and since Clark and I were sitting front row center and it was I who requested the tune, I thought I should point out it's current location for him. I thanked him after the song ended and he actually thanked me back. awww...cute. Then I felt it necessary to instantly request another song (cuz it was my private show or what??). As I asked for 'Unfold' and everyone around us yelled their favorites, Clark kindly told me to be quiet because I already had a song played for me...imagine our surprise when Jason started in on the first chords of 'Unfold'... I guess it pays to have a loud voice and be it the front row (short-ish skirt optional). Musically, those were my two favorite moments. Then of course there was the cute picture phone moment pre-show and the sight of him getting excited when the audience pointed out that he was about to go under the Coronado bridge while performing. When I pointed out the Hotel Del to Mraz (again, I really am embarrassed just remembering how unreserved I was...), he joked that we were all going to get married.

I just realized that it's times like this where this blog is not to keep others informed of my current happenings and un-happenings, but rather JUST a journal...for me. Moving right along...

Friday was great and then there was Sunday...hmmm...I would never say a Jason show was bad, or even disappointing. But I have to say that my standing in line for hours and then standing in a steaming hot coffeehouse for an additional 4 hours doesn't make for the best concert environment. Also, I have to say the boy looks exhausted. Not his "usual" jovial self and maybe even a little under the weather. Certainly nothing like he was Friday night. However, I did get to hear Mraz sing Carlos Olmeda's 'Dear Anna' which was absolutely breathtaking.
Good weekend. Great weekend in fact. I feel so spoiled and lucky to be surrounded my favorite things and people all the time, as well as this overwhelming delectation from being in love. awww...it's one of those days... :-) I had a lovely weekend, can't wait for a little QJT (quality julie time) this evening, and am very much looking forward to packing a moving in the next week or so.

song o' the day... 'Bella Luna'...jasonmraz...(*surprise*)

"you're the ghost of royalty imposing love, you are the queen and king combining everything intertwining like a ring around the finger of a girl, i'm just a singer... you're the world, all i can bring ya, is the language of a lover..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home