Nonetheless...

A little madness, a little kindness, makes for happiness

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Maroon5 is alive...let's have sex

lesson #1: So sometimes when you think you've just lost your voice and are getting over a cold, it's actually pneumonia! Huh! Who knew??!

Okay so I stole the M5 tag line from someone else but oh well... Maroon5 was pretty good last night. It was great to see them headlining their own show for such a large crowd. The last time I saw them headline, they were playing at Cane's Bar&Grill with Marc Brossard and Gavin Degraw as their opening acts. So far that's still my favorite show even if it was strictly for the small crowd and 'Frontin' encore. True, I was a bit disappointed last night with their lack-o-new-material but I guess 3 1/2 years on the road isn't exactly prime time to write new tunes for some folks. Throughout the show I was highly disappointed that Ryan Dusick, their usual drummer, was no where to be found. All that really meant to me though was there would be no instrument exchange and 'Highway to Hell' encore. Sad Shamma. To my surprise, after She Will Be Loved, Adam Levine introduced the temp drummer and then invited the injured Dusick out to sing (scream?) the AC/DC classic. I'm all for that high energy cover. Is that gimmick enough for you? :-) Maybe it's because I've gotten so use to bands that you don't hear everyday on the radio but, The Thrills are really what thrilled me. Pun definitely intended.

Everything is going very well. We've decided where we'll lay our heads for the next few months and that's a relief to know we don't have to worry about it anymore. Work is...well...work. I am feeling a ton better with the exception of the occasional tight chest and difficulty catching my breath but Doc says that will pass. I am currently enjoying my week-o-concerts which continues with concert #3 tomorrow which buddies Daniel &Ginette invited us too in OC. Should be a good time and sure to make for a sleepy Thursday. Then I have, drum roll please...the mraz concert on the Hornblower. (lesson#2: it never hurts to ask. i.e. - drive to the radio station, explain your situation and just ask if you can be on the guest list...easy right?! yippeee!). Then Sunday makes for #5 - the Mraz show at Lestat's. So far I have left June's concert calendar empty...but that's bound to change.

Song o' the day... What ever happened to Corey Haim...The Thrills (cuz any song with 'Corey Haim' in the title has just GOT to be good...)

* Smile like you're pretty sure your boyfriends head won't explode from concert overload... *

xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home